Can I pinpoint why I am so grateful for 2017?
Probably. Let me try:
- I ate a mostly plant-based diet for a month this summer and felt amazing doing it. (Then Life.)
- I published three paperback books (two under a pen name), and several ebooks (all of those under pen names).
- I made great strides in self-improvement, self-love, and self-confidence.
- I cut off all my hair, going from shoulder length to a #1 buzz.
- I wrote 200,366 words of fiction and logged 290,263 words total through fiction, this blog, and the short-lived Veg*ism, Nickified blog (see that aforementioned healthy eating month).
- I wrote 48,266 words in seven days, my best writing week of all time.
- So many generous people spent their time with me this year, giving money, time, friendship, and love.
- We moved my grandmother halfway across the country to live two blocks away instead of 13 hours.
- We visited our Iowa family and my childhood haunts and collected a photo of my children with all their cousins.
Among other things that don’t come to mine or that I didn’t take pictures of to remember.
I’ve been tracking my writing regularly for two years, but I do have some files from as far back as 2014. Last year, I took my Excel file and put it in Google Docs because I was tired of waiting for Excel to open. Halfway through the year, a friend asked to use it, and so for the past couple of days I’ve been working to make my tracking as generic as possible for anyone else who likes to keep track of this kind of thing.
I’m very, very excited for 2018. I may try to get back to daily blogging because I really enjoy it. I haven’t set resolutions this year, but I have intentions and goals, and I also have tucked away that when one has large goals, failure can still be rather amazing.
I’ll talk more about that tomorrow. For now:
I am so very grateful for your presence in my life in 2017. I am so very grateful for this year, and everything it has taught me. I look forward to 2018 with excitement and positive energy, a positive mindset, an attitude of gratitude, the knowledge that there is abundance all around me, and I look forward to having you enjoy it with me!
Happy New Year!