Greetings and salutations! (I just realized I got that from a Minecraft YouTuber, Rendog.) I forgot to do a weekly review on Monday! Guess what we’re going to do today, for last Monday through Sunday?
I may have mentioned that last week I ratcheted down the writing purposely thinking I would spend more time editing and getting Space Cats ready for publishing. I didn’t want to start a new project that would produce lots of words because then I wouldn’t have time for editing, etc. But then I didn’t actually do a lot of editing, either. So it wasn’t exactly a win, but not precisely a fail, either.
Here’s what the writing looked like for last week:
Also, there’s this:
April fiction total: 12,217
March fiction total: 12,576
February fiction total: 9,217
January fiction total: 18,615
002 Words: 5,774
I expected to report the new publication of two new works, but that didn’t happen. And if I’m honest, it may not happen this week, either. It’s been a year since I self-published anything, and it’s time-consuming when it hasn’t been done for a while. All the routines I developed have faded (naturally), and I need to rebuild them.
At this point, Space Cats has an ebook cover. I need to sweep through one last time and fix a few more things that are confusing and inconsistent. The ebook is formatted, and probably ready for game time. After the last edits are done, I can set up the print formatting, and finally the cover. The print cover is the most time-consuming if I remember correctly. It took four proof copies of The 27th Letter before I got everything right. I think familiarity with InDesign was my biggest problem, and so that issue should be a non-issue this time around.
I should probably remember to mention yesterday’s words while I’m here. They’re in the header, too, which is helpful. 207/436 (fiction/total).