Today’s post title brought to you by Junior Youth.
So this week wasn’t great for words but otherwise went very well. Yesterday, for example, I wrote 266 fiction words, 669 total words, and put 4 hours toward publishing. Maybe more hours, to be honest.The cover for
The cover for A Brief History is killing me. I had an idea, and I was like, this is a great idea! I can do this! Except the tutorials are not spectacular, in that in one particular step I can’t quite understand how to translate their instructions from the older version of Photoshop to my version. So it doesn’t work.
So I tried something else. And it’s working, except it’s not quite there yet. I don’t know what I’m missing, so I’m sure I’ll poke at it here and there to get it to where it needs to bed.
And the words. I should probably mention them. I’m not thrilled, and I’m not sure how to fix them. At 4K in, I should be able to find a way. Except it also feels like I’m much further into the story, which is not what I expected when I started. Hmm.
Anyway, on to the weekly review part of today.
So! The week. Low on words, as mentioned, mostly because I was working on publishing, which is not reflected here. I ought to find a better way to track it. I know there are task timers I could use, which would be especially useful because I only work on the project from this one computer. Perhaps I’ll look into it and see what I can find. What I use at work is nice, but doesn’t give me as much control as I’d like. And doing it manually…I could probably do that, too.
Not a big difference from last week, though, which is good. I’d like to turn that around and have a 50% increase this week, perhaps more. Maybe get the story really moving again.
May fiction total: 4,428
April fiction total: 15,814
March fiction total: 12,576
February fiction total: 9,217
January fiction total: 18,615
2017 fiction total: 59,671
ARGH. That May number really bothers me. I can do better than that.