Yesterday I finished my second swipe at things first readers found messed with their heads while reading. We’ll call those edits. I finished the edits.
Now I need to work on cover art. I still love the image I have chosen, but I need to do a little more with it. And fix the title. I had an idea. I hope I remember it.
And then I’ll need to format the print book. I’m toying with the idea of trying KDP’s new print book system, except I really like formatting the interior. It’s my place to be visually artistic with the arrangements of my words, and that makes me happy. So I’ll probably stick with CreateSpace until that new service sorts itself out. In fact, I have another piece I could try KDP’s service with. Might do that.
I blogged 334 words yesterday and edited for .75 hours, which was enough to finish. I shouldn’t dread the fixing of words because it never takes me as long as I expect it will. I believe I’ve spent only around four hours total doing first reader fixes, and probably only another four shoving things through the computer generated grammar fixer. This is probably not as much time as it deserves, but it is as much time as I gave it.
One office day’s worth. Not a lot.
My mind is elsewhere this morning, at the events to come on Friday afternoon and not in the present. There’s a bit of prep to do for that, and it routinely stresses me out. I am anxious (though there is nothing to be anxious about) and stressing (though again, there’s no real reason), and I can’t wait until Friday is over completely.