P is for Purrs – #AtoZChallenge

Here is another, “I don’t think this means what you think it means” entry. This is a selection from A Brief History of Space Cats, and the Care and Feeding Thereof by Sarah Ever.  Written by the main character from Space Cats from Space, these entries form a resource for feline companions to help them ease the transition from cat “owner” to their true role as caretaker and, possibly, human slave. Please enjoy! Continue reading “P is for Purrs – #AtoZChallenge”

Something was forgotten

Daily: 207 fiction, 436 total

Greetings and salutations! (I just realized I got that from a Minecraft YouTuber, Rendog.) I forgot to do a weekly review on Monday! Guess what we’re going to do today, for last Monday through Sunday?

I may have mentioned that last week I ratcheted down the writing purposely thinking I would spend more time editing and getting Space Cats ready for publishing. I didn’t want to start a new project that would produce lots of words because then I wouldn’t have time for editing, etc. But then I didn’t actually do a lot of editing, either. So it wasn’t exactly a win, but not precisely a fail, either.

Here’s what the writing looked like for last week:

 

Also, there’s this:

April fiction total: 12,217
March fiction total:
 12,576
February fiction total: 9,217
January fiction total: 18,615
002 Words: 5,774

I expected to report the new publication of two new works, but that didn’t happen. And if I’m honest, it may not happen this week, either. It’s been a year since I self-published anything, and it’s time-consuming when it hasn’t been done for a while. All the routines I developed have faded (naturally), and I need to rebuild them.

At this point, Space Cats has an ebook cover. I need to sweep through one last time and fix a few more things that are confusing and inconsistent. The ebook is formatted, and probably ready for game time. After the last edits are done, I can set up the print formatting, and finally the cover. The print cover is the most time-consuming if I remember correctly. It took four proof copies of The 27th Letter before I got everything right. I think familiarity with InDesign was my biggest problem, and so that issue should be a non-issue this time around.

I should probably remember to mention yesterday’s words while I’m here. They’re in the header, too, which is helpful. 207/436 (fiction/total).

Bam.

Happy Wednesday!